New Cura thoughts?

Not sure if you guys installed the latest version of Cura. I did, and it looks quite clean. I’m not sure if I like the fact that the usual settings are now hidden behind tabs that you have to manually open, but it does look quite clean.

One word of warning though: if you don’t own an Ultimaker, don’t install the new version yet. Or else you’ll have to deal with going through the trouble of adding a custom printer. They said they’ll be adding official support for other printers in the future though.

I still don’t quite get what “wire printing” is for though?

I’m still on version 14. My computer doesn’t seem to like 15.04 much. Probably not planning to update to the new version for a awhile.

Got the new one. Uninstalled it. Reinstalled the older one.

It’s a little buggy for me, and for that, I don’t understand why I need to deal with the lastest version. I’ll wait till they fix it up

I’ve been using the new one for bit now and I don’t mind it. I don’t really see much difference in functionality compared to the old one, but I don’t do much advanced tweaking. The way the settings are hidden in different drop down sections is a bit of a pain, but not a big deal.

Cool guys, think I’m getting used to the new Cura. Honestly, it looks pretty cool and I like being able to do more with it.