I am trying to improve my design skills, especially around end use FDM 3D printable files. I am looking for some feedback on this dust collector shoe that I designed to fit the Shapeoko2/DW611 spindle combo?
I gave myself 5 criteria (besides being functional) to meet in the design.
- Must print with few or no support, on 200mmx200mm printers (beginner
- Must allow for clear Z motion on the majority of spindle
mount options from Inventables/Improbable Construct
- Must re-route sufficient airflow from cooling fan to allow for cooling and block down draft from blowing onto cutting area
- Must offer hard mount and clamp option
- Must allow for multiple hose sizes
I would really appreciate any feedback the community can provide on how I did against the criteria, as well as any additional thoughts you may have for areas where I should think about making changes or improvements.
Your time is appreciated! Thank you!