"Design not printable"

My design has a red warning saying “Design not prinable”.
Actually I have printed the design and even posted a photo of a printed design made with a stupid MakerBot. Why is it not printable?
https://pinshape.com/items/1101-3d-printed-baroque-frame

Hi pav180,

This does seem odd. According to our system it is actually printable in 34 materials. We must have a bug that is causing this odd behaviour. Our dev team will look into it and get back to you as soon as they solve the issue.

Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the confusion,
Nick

Hi pav180,

The issue now seems to be fixed. A quick re-upload solved the issue.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi bro,

i have still problem even i’m already use netfabb for correction.

any idea bro?

Any idea guys how to fix this problem.

Bharry

Hi,

Have you tried going back and checking your units on the designs labeled as not printable? The Flower Horn for instance shows its dimensions as being 66.96 x 35.45 x 131.10 in. The parameters to print it however are around 180mm x 220mm x 220mm (these vary by material). Adjusting these measurements should fix the problem.

Hope this helps!

I just ran into a similar issue where I was uploading an file update to an asset and it uploaded fine but then I received a “Design Not Printable” afterwards on the product page. No matter how many times I tried to update the original asset, I would always get the “design not printable.”

I ended up having to make the original asset private and upload the updated asset as a new asset. That doesn’t give me the error on the product page.

Hi Tanya,

we’ve been working on something with the way the upload process is handled. In some cases, error messages are returned when models are uploaded and our system is set to automatically retry the printability check after a set amount of time. This will repeat a few times to get around some inconsistencies with the service we use. As a result, it may take a little time to see your new or modified item is printable.

For our understanding, did you get an email that said it wasn’t printable that lead you to this conclusion, or was it based on the design page saying “Not printable”?

I’ve been trying this evening to update my wally tv design model. Never received the usual email saying if the asset was printable or not. After uploading the updated asset the site took me to the product page where it said design was not printable. Usually I recieve a email within ten minutes saying the asset passed or failed the check but I never received anything. So I re-upload the orginal asset and that worked fine. Got the email saying it was ready for print. Tried editing my asset a few more times, but each time I tried to upload the updated obj file and texture I was brought to the product page afterwards where design not printable was displayed and never recieved the confirm/deny email for the update. I gave up trying to edit the orginal asset posting. Made the orginal posting private and uploaded the updated asset as a new design and no issues. Got the design is printable confirmation email 2 minutes afterwards.[quote=“nick_schwing, post:8, topic:92, full:true”]
Hi Tanya,

we’ve been working on something with the way the upload process is handled. In some cases, error messages are returned when models are uploaded and our system is set to automatically retry the printability check after a set amount of time. This will repeat a few times to get around some inconsistencies with the service we use. As a result, it may take a little time to see your new or modified item is printable.

For our understanding, did you get an email that said it wasn’t printable that lead you to this conclusion, or was it based on the design page saying “Not printable”?
[/quote]

Thanks for the detailed description. It’s been forwarded along to our dev team to look at. Really appreciate the feedback and sorry for the troubles.

Ways to fix-
Solution 1: Export to IDML (InDesign CS4 and later) or INX (InDesign CS3 and earlier).
Solution 2: (PostScript printers only) Enable PostScript error handling.
Solution 3: Exclude graphics from the document.
Solution 4: Exclude or minimize fonts.
Solution 5: Check for invalid links.
Solution 6: Disable settings.

Greeting,
Rachel Gomez

The message “Design not printable” typically indicates that there is an issue preventing a digital design or file from being printed. There could be several reasons for this message:

1. File format compatibility: The file may be in a format that is not compatible with the printing software or hardware being used. It’s important to ensure that the file is saved in a common, printable format such as PDF, JPEG, or PNG.
  2. Printing restrictions: Some files may have printing restrictions applied to them, either intentionally by the creator or automatically by software. These restrictions could prevent the file from being printed or limit the number of copies of Math Playground that can be printed.