Copyright Metadata

Hi All,

With all of the noise that recently came up about EBAY sellers offering copyrighted material for sale commercially, I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. I would like to start adding metadata to my STL files that would contain the copyright information applicable to the file being downloaded. If you know anything about how to accomplish this, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Also, I think Pinshape should start including a readme file with each download ZIP file that contains the copyright information.

Thanks

Hi @bikejunky98,

So one thing that can be done right now is that since Pinshape allows the uploads of .PDF, .DOCX, and .TXT files, you can ensure that people who are downloading your design (these are downloaded at zipped files with alll the docs you’ve associated with that particular design listing) will get a copy of the written document you choose to include in it! Hope this helps for the time being.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I was also thinking about that last night. It will require a slight change in my upload habits, but is a good work around for the time being.

1 Like

thanks my issue has been fixed.