Back To Pinshape   |   Blog   |   Contests

Advice for choosing a 3D printer

I have been interested in buying a 3D printer for a while now. I have finally saved enough to buy one, now I just need to figure out which one.

I will be mostly using it for my crafting and to make objects. So I’m looking for something a beginner can use, but will last me as I advance in my 3D printing. I have one big issue that needs to be addressed when choosing a printer. I am disabled and while I am the one that will be making the designs, I can’t do anything physical. So someone else will be handling physical printer part. So I need the printer to be easy enough for anyone to use. Not the software part, the hardware part. And it will be people who are not interested as myself and 3D printing. So I’ll be able need to be able to guide whoever is helping me.

It would be a bonus if the printer was available to purchase at Amazon as I have several gift cards I would like to use.

Also could people recommend sites to learn more about 3D printing. I am interested in learning about the different types of materials you can print with.

Any advice/guidance is greatly appreciated.