About the Feature Requests category

We want to hear from YOU! Tell us what you’d love to see us add to Pinshape next and we’ll keep you up to date on progress along the way. Whether it’s a small alteration or a world-changing idea, we want to know what you think.

Tell us about the features and changes you think would make Pinshape a better place for 3D printing enthusiasts, and we could make them a reality! To get your mind going, here are some of the types of things we’d love to hear about:

• Ideas to make it easier for you to find awesome designs
  • Ideas to make using the site easier
  • Ideas to help makers get successful prints more often
  • Ideas that help spark creativity
  • Ideas that make it FUN to use Pinshape
  • Ideas that make starting a 3D print at home easier and faster
  • Ideas that help the Pinshape community recognize it’s innovative members

and anything else you can think of. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

I’d like to see either comments from the staff, or perhaps a contest, on what to do with the plastic rafts, supports, and aborted prints. It should probably cover at least the common types of filaments (PLA and ABS), and if it’s a contest, I’ll have to be a spectator. I’ve got several bags of scrap waiting for a good idea! Let’s face it, we’re all creating waste on these printers, but I’ve yet to hear of a good way to recycle it. Somebody out there has a good idea, and the rest of us need to hear it!

Thanks!
Bill Alcott
Beebe, AR

It would be nice to be able to filter the models by printing technology (jet, SLA, ect…) to be more confident the model would work with my machine (happens to be SLA) and not have to rework it too much. Filtering by printer alone is limiting in terms of acceptable design rules.

Thanks, great site.

Build/calibration tutorials for the various kits would be nice.