3d scanner for 3d printing

Hi everyone!

I’m new to 3d printing and have just started using XYZ 3d printer with my students. And I’m not sure if I need to buy a 3d scanner to improve our prints at class. I’ve read some articles about 3d scanning and it seems to be great for professionals to create high-quality products (at least, according to this article). I want to create better 3d prints with the students but at the same time 3d scanners seem to be too complicated and expensive for my educational purposes…Do you use 3d scanner with your 3d printer? Is it worth buying?

If your goal is simply to create better 3D prints with your students, there are other methods to achieve this without a 3D scanner, such as using pre-made 3D models from online libraries, or creating your own models using 3D design software.

Ultimately, the decision of whether to buy a 3D scanner or not depends on the specific needs and resources of your educational program. If a 3D scanner is within your budget and you have the technical knowledge to use it effectively, it could be a useful tool for improving the quality of your 3D prints. However, if you are limited by budget or resources, you may be able to achieve your goals through alternative methods.

Super sharing, I really love 3D printing and now will try for cabinet panels as well.