The oxygen produced by the Medical oxygen plant is used for a variety of medical purposes including:
- Respiratory therapy: Oxygen is used to help people with breathing problems such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and emphysema.
- Anesthesia: Oxygen is used to support patients during surgical procedures and other medical treatments that require general anesthesia.
- Emergency treatment: Oxygen is used to treat patients experiencing respiratory distress or cardiac arrest.
- Oxygen therapy: Oxygen is used to treat patients with conditions that affect their ability to absorb oxygen such as cystic fibrosis or severe anemia.
- Neonatal care: Oxygen is used to support the breathing of newborns, particularly those born prematurely.