Stereolithography (often called SLA or SL) rapidly builds components using a precise UV laser to cure and solidify thin layers of a photo-reactive resin. One of the most accurate 3D printing technologies,SLA printers usually build the models from top to bottom, the build platform lifts the model upwards, out of the resin bath.
- Visual prototypes and “show-and-tell” parts
- Creating molds for casting to facilitate mass-production (jewelry or toy makers)
- Complex, esthetic art objects
- Lightweight & Anatomical concept models
- Investment & Urethane cast patterns