Looking for someone to take a gif and turn it into a STL file for me

Hi, I have watched video after video of how to take a 2d and turn it into 3d then print it. but I just cant get it to do what everyone else can.
So can somebody a helluva lot cleverer than me please help?

1 Like

Would you post a link to one of the videos you’ve watched, to better understand your objective? Also consider to post the image you wish to convert.

1 Like

Hi the gif I would like made into an STL file is this one…M%26PHugs112 .

I tried following a youtube video and Cura help to do it myself, I cant find the youtube vid now but will keep looking.

I dont want it to big and able to print on my MP Select Mini v1.

1 Like

There’s going to be some compromises made, as the image you’ve provided is multi-color and your printer is single color. Are you wanting to have a mostly flat print with raised portions where the black lines are located? The image you’ve provided is very small, making the black line portions equally tiny.

I’ve performed a bit of conversion on this image and the result can be found via my Dropbox storage. I am unable to attach the file in the message. Let me know when you’ve downloaded it so I can remove it to keep my storage clear.

It’s 8 mm tall and a bit more than 83 mm in x/y direction. If this isn’t what you want, let me know what should be changed.
huggy%20bears

1 Like

Hi there, I want to thank you once again for the lovely job you done creating that STL for me.
Could I ask if you are still doing this as I would appreciate if you could consider doing me another.
I would be willing to pay you for your time and expertise, it is for a Group that I am part of called The Royal Oak Society, and I will attach a Gif of our Emblem, There is a small Butterfly & Bee on the Royal Oak 1 gif and they are an Important part of the Emblem. I hope you don’t mind me contacting you, but as you had already done work for me I thought I would give you first offer.
Thank You Again
Papa Raigin

You can look for a website online

How to convert GIF files to STL online?

Step 1: Upload GIF-file. Click the “Choose File” button to select a gif file on your computer. GIF file size can be up to 50 Mb.
Step 2: Convert GIF to STL. Click the “Convert” button to start conversion.
Step 3: Download your STL. When the conversion process is complete, you can download the STL file.

Regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce thank you for your help, I have now created the Item with your help. But now when I try to print it, It comes out printed in individual parts so I need to now learn how to print it onto a backing (Maybe something round or shield shaped as It all fell apart lol)